Monday, June 20, 2011

Great Measures in Busy Times

Photobucket
As usual, I make a meme-spoof...


So here I am again, in a defensive stance against myself and the optimistic thought that keeping this journal alive would be a piece of cake. It most certainly is not.
You all most probably know why, especially if you've gone through the same thing and for those who yet have the experience ahead of them I will in the following posts tell you a bit of what to expect.

Since the previous time I posted here, about a sunny day filled with highlights if I recall it correctly, there have been both ups and downs.
March 22nd is the date stamp and, to be perfectly honest, all that follows is rather blurry.

I can happily say that I am alive and more than just alive. I lived through what might have been the most intense three months of my life "so far" - and with that said in quotation marks - I expect more of it.
If I look back the winter was just about to turn its back on us and spring came rushing in through the door. Anatomy and histology was just about to step up their games by introducing the head-on Anatomy Dissection course simultaneously with the Peripheral and Central Nervous System (henceforth PNS & CNS), all together stretching over one month.
I was prepared for a rough ride but when Histology finally swapped into developmental Embryology, a complete different subject, it just hit me in the face like a metal bucket filled with icy water - and by that I mean water first and bucket next.

As the finish line got closer for every day and with more and more material to conquer I entered a sort of pseudo-doubting roller coaster. The only way to cling on to sanity was to prioritize, hence, histology simple had to end up on the self for the time being.

With my mind freshly set on Anatomy there were days I felt I had it under control. I passed all my practical tests with good marks and was, with a good push in the back from Kristyna and my colleague Gal, almost ready to book a pre-term final exam.
CNS dragged me back into obscurity and that was the phases I gently swayed between; pre-term or not pre-term. Gal is amazing and I admire her for staying on track with her plan. Damn sure, she did it to the end - as one of the very first to fight and survive against the professors of Anatomy.
I failed in staying to the plan and scheduled my anatomy one week after the school ended, something that after the event seems to have been a good move anyway. Since I'm not much for "what-if's" I tend to save my energy not speculating whether it would have been better to do the pre-term.

The last day of school came to an end and the real preparation could begin.
My own final battle with Professor Elizka sure is a nice story, with an outcome that I am mightily proud of, and I am sure I will find the inspiration to give you the details in a separate post later on.

But for now I'm satisfied, and done, with wrapping up the prologue...



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

About to publish a thought, comment or feedback?
Remember to fill in your email address for a quick response - if this is left out, You will have to keep track of my answer in comment form at the post you originally commented on. //Tom J