Saturday, October 3, 2009

Where do I begin?

The only thing that you will ever get served without making an effort to get is the food on the plates in that fine restaurant three blocks away.
Or in other words: You have to work for something to make it happen.
My old man use to say that, and his teachings are absolute, well most of them.

So, I know that I want to get back to school, the only thing left to do is to decide when and where.
Getting accepted to a Medical Faculty is not exactly easy as cheese, especially not here in Sweden.
The slots open are few and the competition is high as a bloody skyscraper in Dubai.
Without top grades from high school you can't even dream about getting accepted. No easy ways in and no easy way around.
What I have to do is to look at my other option: try to get accepted in another country.

Before I made up my mind I spent some time last year searching the World Wide Web for information. After reading through various websites and forums with tons of massive walls of text I found out that one way of getting accepted was to prepare for the entrance exams by taking a PreMed course.
So some websites recommended a course called Pre Medical Doctor International Studies and I think I'm going to give it my best shot.
The testimonials on their websites are actually praising the course to the skies but I'm still a bit sceptic toward things that just seems to be too good to be true.
It's also stating that 100% of the students taking the exam after the course made it through to the final round, aka. got accepted to a university. Booyah for them, but is it the truth? Could it really be that easy?

The last man standing will be able to tell...


No comments:

Post a Comment

About to publish a thought, comment or feedback?
Remember to fill in your email address for a quick response - if this is left out, You will have to keep track of my answer in comment form at the post you originally commented on. //Tom J