Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fainting in class; |X|check

Photobucket

Today there was lot of drama.
It all went well until the biophysics lecture.
When I walked down the stairs to the lecture hall I remember thinking “gosh the air in here is really bad” and it wouldn’t take long until my presumption would knock me in the head.
I felt a distant unease during the whole lecture, had problems concentrating and the bad air didn’t make things better.

Towards the end I got really bad and started to feel like throwing up. I broke out in a cold sweat and turned to my colleges to my right (four of them) and told them that “I really need to go out”. Obviously my friend to the right, Marketa (who was trying to concentrate on the lecture), I can believe surprisingly found herself encountering nothing but a pale face with bluish lips mumbling some gibberish. What a wreck.
After that it all happened in a matter of seconds: The four people on my row went up and I staggered towards the stairs to get out of there to either get water or more importantly fresh air.

By now my hearing was almost gone and my sight was really blurry and as if that wasn’t enough my legs didn’t want to obey me. I tried hard to get up the stairs but my feet felt like rocks and I collapsed to the staircase. I had my reflexes left though, and was able to counter it. I still made quite a ruckus forcing myself up the stairs and I felt the attention switching from the tutor towards me (if that was the case I don’t know, I just remember the feeling of it).

As I got out in the fresh air it didn’t take long for my senses to get back on track but I was still shaking from the cold sweating. One of my colleges and friends from the row, Thomas, came out to check on me and five minutes after that the others came out as the lecture was finished. I had a chance to tell them what happened. The rest of the day I had a major headache and during the night a bad fever.

The worst part is that I still don’t know what triggered it – the best part is that in a couple of years from now on I’ll most probably have the knowledge to explain it...


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Craaazeh! Vet du fortfarande inte vad det var? Låter ju som nån slags näringsbrist eller nåt, men vad vet jag, jag är inte doktorn! :P

    ReplyDelete

About to publish a thought, comment or feedback?
Remember to fill in your email address for a quick response - if this is left out, You will have to keep track of my answer in comment form at the post you originally commented on. //Tom J