Sunday, October 3, 2010

Geared up for practice

A new week - new knowledge to take in. Still without books in the major subjects; anatomy, histology/cytology and biophysics, I went to the bookshop to gear up. Believe me when I say it; it’s pretty hard to chose what books to buy. Each subject has at least three represented books, atlases or practice booklets and every person – students, teachers and the personal in the book store – recommend different books. After trying to listen to them all to see which one seemed to be the most popular one I pretty much shut my ears off and just went with the one that I liked the most picture- and text-wise.
It’s rather expensive too, even if the currency brings down the price just a bit and each book isn’t worth a fortune individually it still sums up to a rather big expense, and this is just for the first semester.

It’s amazing how fast the books went out of stock at the book stores. I mean c’mon, didn’t you plan for a new autumn semester with one of the greatest number of freshers’ so far? (btw, that was just an assumption)

At least I feel pretty good about my equipment, especially since I bought my lab coat, forceps and scalpel just the other day...



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. It is quite a difficult task choosing which books to get.
    Where did you go to get your scalpel?
    Klem Mathilde

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mathilde, buy it from the Medshop right next to your place (I guess) at Albertov, costs approx. 40CZK I think.

    See you at Biophysics :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay thanks! I'll check it out, see you tomorrow! :D

    ReplyDelete

About to publish a thought, comment or feedback?
Remember to fill in your email address for a quick response - if this is left out, You will have to keep track of my answer in comment form at the post you originally commented on. //Tom J