Monday, January 18, 2010

The first day of the course

I had to run in order to be there in time. I totally screwed up and got disorientated in the maze of buildings.
But I managed to get there. So did a lot of people. I counted to about eighteen persons and in the contract we signed up for it stated that a class only can have fourteen. But the more the merrier, right?

So I was glad to finally begin with the studies, and yes, we began the first day. No time wasted.
Being placed in a group for the first time usually makes people nervous and a bit quiet but I could tell that there were only intelligent people here with high hopes of the course.

Dr. Moshe began with a sleight introduction but most of the people had met him once before at an introduction information meeting.
We got some booklets, a book in biology with the size that could kill someone in one blow if dropped from a height. We also got a bag with the company logotype on it and some schedules and random info sheets.



The first lesson was in biology, more exactly macromolecules, which was a pretty normal subject to begin with in an anatomy course.
I can already tell that the tempo will be high and I have to focus throughout the whole lesson. The first break came after approximately two hours of grinding information of molecules and atoms.
I’m glad that I’ve already studied this once before on the basic level – I can imagine how difficult it has to be for someone never even heard about a molecule before.
During the break I hung out with some of the guys in the class and began to introduce myself.

This seems to be a great course...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About to publish a thought, comment or feedback?
Remember to fill in your email address for a quick response - if this is left out, You will have to keep track of my answer in comment form at the post you originally commented on. //Tom J