Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why doctor?

It’s really great that the course starts at 16pm. You won’t have to worry oversleeping and you may study until 14pm if you’d like to. Well, oversleeping isn’t my greatest fear since my biological alarm opens my eyes automatically at around 8:30am.

The biology book is too heavy to carry around and today Dr. Moshe told us that we could leave it at home. It’s a rather interesting book thou, if I had another backpack I’d might carry it around anyway for the back strengthening and being able to read whenever and wherever I’d like.
Thou, by second thought, I might dismember or kill someone on the subway when turning a page due to the massive weight, hah.

Dr. Moshe is really good at names and remembers almost all of our names in just four days, I’m really impressed.
The first question we got today was: “Why do you want to become a doctor?”
I sat in the middle of the rows and couldn’t really add anything to the sum of all thought already shared within the previous classmates. It’s a really hard question to answer honestly. Ever since my practice in the ER it just felt as the right thing to do.
As one of the guys put it: “I want to become a doctor because it’s the most difficult thing one can accomplish in life...”
True that.

We laughed and at the same time we somehow realized that we have a long way to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About to publish a thought, comment or feedback?
Remember to fill in your email address for a quick response - if this is left out, You will have to keep track of my answer in comment form at the post you originally commented on. //Tom J