Thursday, April 1, 2010

05:22

As I sat on the bench, surrounded by the cold air that chilled my bones, I turned on my PDA and played Taro Hakase to block the sound of the highway. I looked around and my eyes started wandering along the horizon. It was still a bit misty and I could just almost assume that the sun was on its way up.



As out of nowhere my eyes encountered a tree growing alone in the distance. I smiled and thought of the old metaphor about our knowledge. The stem was not perfectly straight - it was bended, crooked and wind pined - but still standing proud. Its many branches looked rather blurred in the point where they met the dark blue sky but if I restrained my eyes I could more than well see that it was trying to reach even higher.




The cold took a bit of a distance and I still don't know if it was because of an early, swift and warm breeze or if it was just me noticing that the bird's intense singing actually managed to penetrate my headphones during the two second song changing fadeout. I decided to turn the music off for just a while and quietly listen to their play instead.
It's amazing how much you can hear if you just listen for it. The melting of snow, slowly pouring towards its friends in the ocean,

Noticing the very small wonders in life can not only complete one's day but also give it a really good start. I smiled and returned to my inner world of Yo-Yo Ma and Dvořák when I saw the bus breaking the peaceful scenery I just painted up for myself.



When I think about the future - I smile.
When I think of the past - I smile.
Today, wherever I look - I smile.

And the world smiles back at me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About to publish a thought, comment or feedback?
Remember to fill in your email address for a quick response - if this is left out, You will have to keep track of my answer in comment form at the post you originally commented on. //Tom J