Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happiness, oh the happiness

The last week has been a lot of fun... and boring....
I didn't think the premedical studies could become boring but the inorganic and organic chemistry have indeed lowered that bar.
Compounds here and organic groups there. It fills my head and I just can’t sort them up. I’ve always been good at memorizing things and sorting them with imaginable labels inside my head but this time it’s just too much.

I can sit through those days thou, recently I’ve been filled with this indescribable happiness that just conquered me without any particular reason. I’m not complaining about it, the other way around, it feels great and it gives me energy and motivation.




Time is running so fast lately and two weeks are already gone. We’ve spent them well thou, studying and practicing our skill and knowledge. Organic chemistry aside, the interesting lectures are just lining up one after another; reproductive systems, genetics, synthesis etc.
I’m glad over my choice to have the DNA-synthesis as a presentation. I felt very confident and relaxed while speaking about it in front of the class and I hope I gave them all a good impression. Regarding the knowledge, studying for an upcoming presentation gives me more than just studying without any specific task in front of me.



On Monday and Tuesday I’m going to present the meiosis and mitosis and I’m also going to give the class an interesting lecture about my brother’s genetic disease called 22q11-DS.
I really hope they’ll find it interesting and I’ll focus on the things they don’t already know such as how the genetic defect might strike a person. Hopefully I can get them to discuss some ethics and morale about the genetics – it’s a rather difficult but very inspiring subject to debate.

Stay tuned for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About to publish a thought, comment or feedback?
Remember to fill in your email address for a quick response - if this is left out, You will have to keep track of my answer in comment form at the post you originally commented on. //Tom J