Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Test, confusion and beer

The atmosphere in the class before the test was kinda tense. Everyone had some nerves even if we knew that the test only was a diagnostic test to check our current knowledge.
It was composed of 90 questions in Biology, Anatomy and Chemistry.

I had some apprehensions about the chemistry part and all the pH calculations since it turned out that I messed up a lot of the clacs just the day before.
My misgivings turned out to be just ridiculousness in the end.
We could all agree that the test was composed a bit badly and a lot of the questions were pretty much incomplete, lacking crucial info or stating really weird things that we didn't even recognize.

Even if it felt pretty awkward after the test right before the correction of it, it went rather good. I was amazed to find out that I failed the most answers on the biology part which is, in my opinion, the most basic one. I blame the fact that it was so long since I repeated that. I honestly put more effort in understanding the more recent thermodynamics than repeating the basics of biology, my bad and I lost some points there. After all a total score of 86% is nothing to cry over when the pass limit was set at 60%.



I feel pretty confident and think I can enter the second part of the course with a sigh of relief, concentrating on the next difficulties.

We went out after the class to take a beer and chat about everything and nothing, after discussing the recent accident in the subway (a boy jumped down onto the track to get his lost mobile back and got killed) we changed back to talking about studies and such.

Tomorrow is a new day and I offer a silent prayer for not another day filled with rather boring organic chemistry...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About to publish a thought, comment or feedback?
Remember to fill in your email address for a quick response - if this is left out, You will have to keep track of my answer in comment form at the post you originally commented on. //Tom J