Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dealing with things that doesn’t work, and things that does



I slowly began to wake up after a good night sleep and found myself covered in a bright white light. My window is right opposite to the wall where my bed is going to be (where my madras is at the moment) and that gave me a nice surprise.
 The sun entered my room as in a serene and graceful dance and an oasis of tranquillity settled in amidst the bustling city (hate to admit it but; thanks Apple and thanks Jackie for that expression). I don’t know if it’s the atmosphere, the season or just my windows but I’ve never experienced such a blue-ish white light emitted from the sun. It made me smile and infused me with the strength to get up and start the day.


Photobucket

My second surprise this morning was that Jeanine and Jackie were already up. Both of them had got wrong or too little parts in their IKEA delivery and had to call for a refund. We ate breakfast and while they went to IKEA to get the stuff right I took a walk around the University campus in order to find a wireless internet connection. I did and sat down on a bench outside the Faculty of Anatomy. My mission was to see if I could find the different internet providers in Czech Republic and to compare them.
As we all know internet providers as well as all mobile companies are almost always horrific when it comes to customer service and are often sneaky with their offers. I can ensure that CZ Rep. isn’t an exception to the rule. This I dare to say without even contacting them. All I found, in English, was a website that gathered the different providers and enabled customers to both rate and leave comments. The result was indeed horrific and I’m starting to wonder how I’m going to find a decent provider in Czech Republic when I had a major problem as it was in Sweden(?).

When I got back from my long walk, brimful of thai-takeaway from the place down the street, Jean and Jax were back ready to set the furniture together. Jeanine didn’t stay for long – her mum and her mum’s boyfriend are only staying until tomorrow so she went out with them to see a bit of the city while there’re still here. Jackie and I began dealing with the things that didn’t work; such as the dishwasher, the stove and the elements. The stove seemed to work but didn’t ignite so I looked for the gas tap and after a couple of minutes of searching under the sink I found the right one and the stove went up running really good.

Jackie got to be the best dishwasher technician out there. After filling the machine with 1kg of salt (had no idea you had to do that to new machines) and turning the tap under the sink we, or yeah mostly she, managed to get it to work. We also eliminated all the paper covers from the IKEA stuff – a bum would kill to get hold of all those boxes – and then we just crashed down in Jean’s sofa and had some beers that we recently bought: 12 Staropramen for 52 SEK á 0,5 litres – that my friends, is 9 SEK per litre!
Now I'm off to an Italian restaurant with free Wi-Fi in order to publish this - Cheers mates!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

About to publish a thought, comment or feedback?
Remember to fill in your email address for a quick response - if this is left out, You will have to keep track of my answer in comment form at the post you originally commented on. //Tom J