Thursday, September 23, 2010

Enrolment!

Today was the day of the great enrolment. A great day indeed, I must say. I went to the main building of the Foreign Student Department together with Jackie and Jean with a bit of nervousness. Well, nervousness isn’t the right word, you know, more like the feeling of butterflies in your stomach – like when you’re in love – that’s right, I’m in love with the fact that I’m going to Uni.
The first thing we did was to enter a big ensemble hall brimful of students from all different years of the education. I was amazed and utterly happy to finally get into a place in Prague filled with complaisant and smiling people – something that’s not too common by the locals.
We were shown to a wall containing lists of freshmen groups, each of them assigned different “guides”. Our Swedish “group” got divided into different groups, obviously in order to force us to talk to other people, but I didn’t mind that. Sabrina, our group guide, is a third year student with a lot of good information to share. She showed us around campus and told us about the first year randomly interrupted by our questions.

After the 1½ hour walk we went back to the registration room to get some food, more information as well as buying hoodies with the University logo.
We’d been told that the registration process was going to be everlasting and boring, indeed it was but at the same time fun as hell because of the many new faces I could talk to.
I started to talk to one guy especially, Seung Kim from Korea and he seemed to be a really nice guy.
Getting to know new people is going to be a great deal of fun and that’s one of the reasons why I in the end choose to get in a different study group than the other guys from Sweden. No hard feelings mates.

I was the last one to sign in and after this day all my worries sort of disappeared. When I finally got home I was tired from all the information gathering and all the new impressions that I had to take in so I just went to Alex Bistro along with Jax and Jean in order to relax with my PC and a cold dark beer.
Tomorrow I’ll go for a run in the morning and then we’re supposed to be at the ensemble hall again at 10am to hear out the teachers.

In the meantime; cheers!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

About to publish a thought, comment or feedback?
Remember to fill in your email address for a quick response - if this is left out, You will have to keep track of my answer in comment form at the post you originally commented on. //Tom J