Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Raiding, rumble and refreshening

After I threw my pillow at the window in order to get rid of the sadistic pigeons (read yesterday’s post) I got up and prepared breakfast. Today Jackie and I planned to go to IKEA to get some stuff for her room and for common parts of the apartment. I’ve decided to wait until my parents get here to see what space i got left after bringing my stuff from back home.

Still, after almost 4 hours of IKEA raiding for epic loot, resulting in two trolleys brimful of stuff, it didn’t exceed 5600CZK. We settled some colour schemes for the bathroom and the kitchen as well for ourselves. I’ll go with a white/black and wooden look with forest green dots.

If everything goes as planned we’ll have a beach/ocean theme in the kitchen. Making plans for the flat is really funny – even though it’s also exhausting, I barely ate anything yesterday because of all the running around.

Jeanine’s furniture that she bought yesterday was delivered to the flat and she, her mum and her boyfriend did a lot of building – only to find out that one piece of the bed was missing which meant that Jeanine had to sleep on the floor for one more night.
But with a little piece of furniture the apartment starts to feel alive. It’s not just an empty shell anymore, a great empty shell as it is, but yet, comfy and a bit more inviting.
Now I’ll go to bed while Jeanine is still fixing with her stuff and Jackie is watching a movie also trying to sleep. I moved my madras into my room and with only my suitcase hand luggage it sure looks gigantic.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

About to publish a thought, comment or feedback?
Remember to fill in your email address for a quick response - if this is left out, You will have to keep track of my answer in comment form at the post you originally commented on. //Tom J