Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dissection #2

Photobucket
Pratik keeps my friends in group 4 busy at all times. Seems like very good theoretic revision.


Dissections today were a lot more hectic than last Friday. I don't know why it felt that way because it started off pretty quietly. Since half my group had retest in ligaments and joints they stayed in the big lecture hall and I actually got the whole limb for myself. I took my time and tried to apply some knowledge that I repeated during the weekend.
I knew we had to go through a small test during the day and since I was alone around the table with the best dissected specimens one of our demonstrating assistants came over and started to test me on the lower limb. I got questions on random muscles, topography such as the retromaleolar space, popliteal fossa and the nerves running along the spaces.

I did pretty good and the best thing is that I feel pretty confident with my knowledge so far.
Later on I got to know that I know far from enough, I got quizzed by different demonstrators and every time another detail came up that I didn't recognized - not to nice for the moment but it's a good way of filling the gaps.
The best thing about having the instructors around is that you can always drain them on information and I spent more time revising with them than dissecting which I guess is more important for passing the test on Friday.
I also have my skull test around the corner but I won't stress out about that just yet, there're still a lot to cover in the topography and pure anatomy of the structures on the cadavers.

Ever since we started to dissect I've been trying to keep a look out for the lymph vessels and the lymph nodes. It's a structure that we haven't touched yet which I don't understand since it's as important as every thing else. I finally got to see a lymph node today thou, but it wasn't as awesome as I'd imagine it to be - what a let down, right?!
Imagine a little boy hoping for an awesome TMNT-action figure for x-mas gift and finds out that the box contains... socks....

Still, the human body is pretty amazing and it sucks that I can't share the experience of seeing it with all of you.

Well, three more days to go before the big test and I hope that I'll be able to cover it all and feel somewhat confident to pull it off nicely.
I'll wake up early tomorrow for some breakfast and revision...


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

About to publish a thought, comment or feedback?
Remember to fill in your email address for a quick response - if this is left out, You will have to keep track of my answer in comment form at the post you originally commented on. //Tom J