Monday, December 6, 2010

Exhaustion, Brains and CPU

It hit me now as I'm going to bed, and I'm not joking, that I've been outside the apartment thrice this weekend: once for some grocery shopping at the Potraviny downstairs and two times to go to the gym.
The rest of the time I have been, guess what?
You probably guess right; studying. (I also started watching Grey's Anatomy but mainly: studying)
Not only am I amazed over how quickly the time just disappeared but also over how much work I've got done. Now I just hope that it all have sticked to my head - a head heavier than after the worst hungover imaginable.
I can't relax and trying to sleep is even more pointless. My head is exhausted, and it's still trying to revise as I close my eyes. It's like I'm mentally worn down but physically my body is fine - I guess I shouldn't have skipped the gym tonight.
I think there's a party going on up in my office with everyone invited: muscles, nerves, arteries and veins, everyone except sleep.
Photobucket

Computers have it easier, I guess they don't "feel" exhausted but hey, even they get worn down by time. It's stated that we'll never invent a computer as powerful as the human brain.
I can imagine why the computer always are slower; in a simple equation they can't just see the answer out of experience, take 1+1=2 for example. I at least are able to just see the number 2 without even processing the calculation(?). The computer however have to put the equation together, process it and then give the answer. But what if the computer stored all the answers and created "experience", if you know what I mean. But after all, I guess the human will program that binary equation for the computer to find all the answers in the first place.
But I still really can't neglect the thought that one day there might be computers wired together with neurons. Or even more far-out: humans wired up with a spare part of CPU (hopefully we wont go there, I'd rather see that we unlock the technique to reproduce organs instead...)

I'm not enlightened enough to understand it yet, but no matter how the brain works, it's an amazing structure in the body and I am grateful that it works...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

About to publish a thought, comment or feedback?
Remember to fill in your email address for a quick response - if this is left out, You will have to keep track of my answer in comment form at the post you originally commented on. //Tom J