Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dissection #4

As we get closer to the test the dissections get more and more intense, I understand why.
The specimens are almost dissected so that all the structures are visible and orientating details is no longer a guess in the blue.
Reading the previous post you already know about my horrible night and good morning with the insomnia and skull test so this is the rest of the day.

After anatomy my first priority was to get home to eat, being tested and having introductions just drains one's energy and my breakfast wasn't the best of breakfasts. Eating and revising goes hand in hand most of the time so reading up on some topography and vessel pathways got me prepared for today.
I went to the dissection earlier in order to repeat the structures and not very surprisingly a lot of my colleagues did the same. The dissection tables were packed with students starting to freak out over the exam and you could tell from the sound level and the hectic atmosphere, I don't blame them thou, I have the exact same feeling starting to grow within.
Even if my common sense tells me to stay relaxed, focused and that it's not that great of a deal - I think we're making it bigger than what it really is - it's dangerous to underestimate such things as well.

Today was a really interesting and worthwhile day. I actually got to see some very important structures, due to an amazing dissection job from our teachers assistant Kristyna and Nabeel. They spent a lot of time to thoroughly dissect the inguinal canal - the one that is rather tricky both to find and to theoretically visualize.
I've been trying to fill my gap in detail knowledge as well as repeating old stuff such as origin/insertion of muscles which can be confusing sometimes.
Me, Niyat, Jean, Malek, Thomas, Arani and Nina gathered for revision after the day finished and with some supervision from Suresh (2 year student) we managed to repeat the most sufficient parts.
We ended about an hour ago close to midnight and now I really need to get some sleep, or I rather say TRY to get some sleep depending on my brain, because tomorrow morning I have a seminar in the subject we all forgot we have; Histology.

Let's call it a day already, shall we..?



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

About to publish a thought, comment or feedback?
Remember to fill in your email address for a quick response - if this is left out, You will have to keep track of my answer in comment form at the post you originally commented on. //Tom J