Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dissection #3

Photobucket
Photobucket
Notes from the dissection black board. Covering the Brachial Plexus and the Axillary Spaces.

Today wasn't as good as the last two days.
Sure, I saw some new structures and learnt a couple of new things but my head just wasn't there with me. I wasn't tired really, nor hungry, I just didn't feel it.
And now I really regret not taking the skull test last Friday because tonight I have to pick up the bits I didn't study a week ago. I'm not getting confused but imagine pouring hot water into a glass of ice water and expect the ice to still be there. I guess you understand that the ice is a metaphor for my skull knowledge slowly crawling deep into the neurons as new fresh information enters.
The glass is bigger than I thought thou, there's still some space left.

Next week is countdown for the semester break and it's only 9 days left until I get to go home again for the first time since I got here. I'm really looking forward to it - but more importantly is to keep the focus to the end.

If you still haven't understood what we're doing in dissections the best thing I can do is to toss you a link to videos. I'm not allowed to publish anything from our class but this might give you a hint and maybe you'll see that it isn't as bad as you think.
On the other hand, I find it very disturbing that there's a lot of dissection videos available at youtube etc. even for younger audiences. If you find the second one disturbing then do not try out the clip labeled "autopsy" in the menu to the right.

Link to Muscle video (good for understanding/insertion/origin/function of muscles)
Link to Dissection video (in my opinion better for dissection of specimen)

Got to get back to the books now, over 'n out...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

About to publish a thought, comment or feedback?
Remember to fill in your email address for a quick response - if this is left out, You will have to keep track of my answer in comment form at the post you originally commented on. //Tom J